The reason for my absence

>> Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I once talked about one of my husbands many(many many etc) hobbies here.

One of his other passions in life is a little website called Ebay.
At the peak of his ebay obsession, he was selling EVERYTHING that we had and some.
He would buy random junk from people, and list it on Ebay, even if he only made a dollar. 
He once sold our video camera and decided to throw in ALL our tapes.
So basically some guy in Hawaii has all our home movies.
Creepy much?
Anyways, I tell you that little story so I can tell you this one...

About four months after getting hired at this current property I found out I was pregnant.
I knew my boss was not going to be happy about that.
One, because I work from home with a small daughter already and now I was going to add a newborn.
Two, how was I going to show apartments with two children.
A legitimate concern.
So I decided I did not want to tell him.
So I waited and waited.
I hit 20 weeks and started to show a bit, and still chickened out every single week when he came down to meet with me.
So one day, my boss and I are sitting in the office having our weekely meeting and my husband and daughter where in our apartment.
A woman comes in and says she is there to meet my husband.
Confused I directed her to our door.
About twenty minutes later she comes out followed by my husband.
My husband explains that she was there to look at the futon he listed on ebay.
(the night before I casually mentioned that we should get rid of the futon since we are having a baby and he wasted no time listing it)
The woman tells my boss and I how perfect the futon will be in her house, and right before she leaves she touches my shoulder and says
"oh by the way congratulations on the new baby!"
My mouth drops open, and my husband whisks her away really quickly while my boss and I sit there in silence for a few minutes.
I guess once outside the woman apologized profusely because it was obvious to her that I had yet to tell my boss and it was obvious to me that my husband used something like
"Having a baby must sell" in his listing.
Needless to say the rest of our meeting was a little awkward.
Not exactly the way you want to break the news to your boss.
So I ask the question...
How do I tell my boss I am pregnant with multiple babies???

5 comments:

Mary Ellen June 23, 2010 at 9:03 PM  

Oh-My-Gosh!
How many babies are we talking about?
I think you should have the eBay lady come back and tell him.
Congrats!

zuniga family June 23, 2010 at 11:57 PM  

WHAT???? Congratulations! Yeah, how many babies are you talking about?

The Only Girl June 24, 2010 at 4:43 AM  

WHAT?! Exactly how many are we talking about????

Congrats - yes????

Dave to Claire June 25, 2010 at 1:48 PM  

Wow? That was so awkward but hilarious. I hope everything is going well. I want twins! :)

Marly C June 27, 2010 at 5:39 PM  

Wow, that is hilarious and uncomfortable all at the same time. I have no idea how to tell your boss you're having twins, good luck!

 
Blog Design by April Showers