Reasons For Not Paying Rent

>> Sunday, August 2, 2009





Tenant: "I tried to pay rent but you were closed"
Me: "Why didn't you drop it in the 24 hour slot?"
Tenant: "I didn't know there was a 24 hour slot"
Me: "That is where you dropped your rent last month"

"I am not going to pay rent because the gym was closed for a whole week this month."


"I had to buy presents for Christmas, I couldn't not get my kids presents."


"Here is the rent check but can you not deposit it until the 20th?"

"I had to bail my boyfriend out of jail so I am going to be late this month."

Tenant: "If I don't pay rent this month what is going to happen?"
Me: "You will get evicted"
Tenant: "Really, why? That's ridiculous"

Tenant walks in puts down their new iPhone, keys to their BMW and their LV bag and tells me they can not pay rent this month, because they had other bills that were way more important.
Isn't having a place to live considered high on the bill list, or is that just me?

"You didn't get my rent? What! I mailed it to you! The post office must have lost it"
"Why would you mail me the check when you live next door?"
"Um...you were closed"
I love how tenants conveientaly forget about the 24 hour drop box only on certain months


I can’t pay my rent because….


"The Heat chocked and lost the &*%$*& series."


"My grandma is visiting, and I want to take her out to a nice dinner."


"The gardeners start mowing the %$#&@ lawn before noon every $%&#$-in week, and I should have peace and quiet until a reasonable hour." 


"I don't have washer and dryer hook-ups in my apartment, and I hear the complex across the street does."


"I think my apartment is haunted."


"Because a gypsy stole all my money." 


9 comments:

Marly C October 13, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

Just found this blog. Love it!

Beth October 17, 2009 at 11:43 PM  

These quotes were amazing!!

You should send this in to the Reader's Digest. (You get paid if they use it, which I 'm sure they will!)

I'm sorry you don't know me...I am Rachel Jone's mom. She showed me your blog a while ago...now I'm hooked. You bring a smile to my face. Thanks

Teresa March 28, 2010 at 9:10 AM  

This is too funny! Our gym has been closed for about four or five months now due to upgrades, I am thinking it will be pretty spectacular when finished...we will see! I kind of doubt it though!

Shana March 30, 2010 at 10:21 AM  

These are great. It really gives me a perspective. I had a huge fight with the property manager at my old complex once because she called me and said that I didn't pay my rent. I ALWAYS paid on time...I'm so not a deadbeat. I was completely offended and I got really mad and yelled. A few days later she found my check in a pile of stuff on her desk and called me to let me know. No apology or anything...which also made me mad. But now I realize she was probably dealing with idiots and deadbeats all the time. I'm sure she didn't mean to take it out on me!

JSchroe June 11, 2013 at 8:37 AM  

I am absolutely OBSESSED with your blog and it cracks me up at how similar our thinking is regarding our "Management" position, lol!! It is more like a daycare center mixed with middle school and a psych ward at a senior center and we are extremely under-paid for carrying all of these job titles, lol!!! Keep up the good work :)

Will November 6, 2013 at 7:50 AM  

Ummmm.....I forget to pay rent..... I was too busy reading your blog

Erin Huss November 6, 2013 at 7:54 AM  

See, if I were your manager, I would totally accept that.

Tracy Bobbitt June 25, 2014 at 7:37 AM  

Your blog needs to be a television show immediately. I laugh out loud so hard every time I read it.

Anonymous June 27, 2014 at 4:13 PM  

I had a resident come in to tell me they could pay only partial rent. But they did leave just enough out to take me out on a date if I was up for it....smh!

 
Blog Design by April Showers