Where is my car!? (Flash Back Friday)

>> Friday, May 9, 2014

Last Monday, one of our tenants came stomping into my office visibly upset. He pounds his fist on my counter and says that he just went out to his car and, it's gone.


Oh crap!

Now see, the property is not responsible for any cars, but it still reflects poorly when they go missing. I asked if it's possible that he parked it in a different spot, which I know is a stupid question, but when I don't know what to say, I ask stupid questions to buy myself time until I think of something better. 

He looks at me like I am an idiot, and then proceeds to go bonkers, and starts yelling about how I am a horrible manager, the place is crap, and the washing machines aren't working.
Which was news to me because, I had just used them earlier that day. But he is upset, and I understand that when people get upset they tend to spew nonsensical crap out of their mouth(present company not excluded).

I decided to walk out to his assigned spot, just to confirm that, yes, the car is gone. 

I looked at the nightly report from our security guards and there was nothing there.
I didn't say he should call the police(even though that is the obvious choice) because I try to keep the cops as far away as possible. The last thing I need after this incident and this incident, is to have more police showing up. There is already too much gossip going on around here right now.

So, I sat down and went through hours of film on our cameras, which is about as much fun as watching paint dry.

After about 8 hours of film(which I obviously watched in super speed) I noticed a tow truck coming in, the man get's out and looks around the parking lot. He then stops at the tenants car, checks the paper in his hand, then checks the car and then...tows it right off the property.

Hmmm...

I went to the tenants apartment.  
He answered the door with his pissed off face in full force. 
But...haha!...I had on my "smart assery" face and asked him if he happened to be late on his car payments.
His pissed face then morphed into a "Oh S...." face.


Ha ha! Serves him right for insulting the washing machines. 

4 comments:

Jessica April 20, 2010 at 5:46 AM  

hahahahah

The Only Girl April 20, 2010 at 7:53 AM  

Don't you just love it when it's not your fault!

Anonymous April 26, 2010 at 9:20 PM  

I love it how its always the manager's fault for everything that goes wrong in a persons life. I would have done the same thing with a very smartass face too but real nice with the language....he deserved it!

Unknown May 12, 2014 at 7:46 AM  

Was the competition fun? I saw the pictures down below that you posted for it. I think it would be fun if property managers did more things like this. http://www.rmprop.com/

 
Blog Design by April Showers