Drama!

>> Monday, April 5, 2010

It was a crazy morning.

I had to get my daughter to preschool.
My son over to his friend's house.
Back home to frantically clean my house.
My boss arrived, we spent time looking at the collapsed roof in one of our apartments due to a water leak.
Then we came back to my apartment went over a few numbers.
I then rushed over to pick up my son.
Said a hello, good bye, thank you gotta go...
I arrived on time to pick up my daughter from preschool
(we are charged $1 for every minute we are late)
I get the kids in my car and take a deep breath.
(inhale...exhale...inhale...exhale...inhale...ring, ring ring)
It's my phone.
I look at the number.
It's this guy who subsequently didn't move.
But he had been quiet.
And let's face it, I would rather have a ticking time bomb of a tenant than a vacancy.
I decided to ignore the phone call since I would be back at the property in 5 minutes.

I pull around the corner
I see FIVE cop cars and my maintenance man in the middle.
Oh crap.
I want to run up and ask them all to leave.
I don't care what the problem is, I just need you all to leave.
Do you know how bad it looks to have so many cop cars in front of your property?
Plus, I had a 1:00 appointment and I am still trying to unload this.
I talk to my maintenance man(who might I add is by far my favorite maintenance man I have had...and yes, I have been through a few) and he explained the turn of events.
According to him, he had gone back to Mr. Hyde's apartment to do some repairs since they had a slab leak(which is like the F word in Property Management)
Mr. Hyde's girlfriend was upset about,  maybe because she is dating a wacko--who knows, and sent him away.
So, my maintenance man left, and decided to go to Home Depot to pick up a few things for another apartment.

Then Mr. Hyde comes storming out of his apartment and is yelling at my MM(Maintenance Man...I am a little lazy)
He is going off on how they should be a priority and why doesn't he come fix his apartment.
My MM explained that he was just there, but his girlfriend sent him away.
Then Mr. Hyde gets in my MM face and starts going on about how my MM should make him a priority and should be in his apartment before any others.
And let me add, that when Mr. Hyde get's mad, he is the most out of control, frantic, irrational person I have EVER seen in my entire life.
Then my MM, who was trying to keep his cool, decided to tell him to take it up with me, and then got in his car to leave.
Then, Mr. Hyde decided to stand in front of my MM car and pace back and forth telling him he needed to get out of the car and talk to him.
My MM tried to get him to move.
But he wouldn't.
So, my MM called 9-1-1

Which resulted in a flippin swat team, which is ironic, because when I called about this or even this, only one cop showed up like 30 minutes later...whatever...anyways...
Of course my 1:00 o'clock shows up right on time, and shocker, they decide not to rent the apartment.
Now I am upset.

After all the cops leave, without Mr. Hyde, I had my MM sit down in the lobby and calm down, and I went back to Mr. Hyde's apartment with a notice to vacate in hand.
He answers the door with the most evil smile spread across his face that reminded me of the Joker.
He precedes to tell me that he thinks my MM is on drugs and all he wanted to do was talk.
Wacko.
But, as I was standing there listening his nonsense, I realized how proud of myself I was.
In the past, I would have started yelling back, got a little too emotional, and I would have let this event completely ruin my day, and then spent the night talking about how much I want to quit my job.
Instead, as he was standing there talking his crazy nonsense I kept my cool.
I was completely rational.
imagine that?

Then Mr. Hyde tells me that he thinks it was a complete over reaction for my MM to call 9-1-1.
(coming from the king of overreacting himself)
I tell him that I agree, I personally would not have called 9-1-1..
I would have slammed on my gas and run him over.
He looked at me with that half laugh like I had made a joke.
But I shook my head and said,  "Nope I am serious.Very serious. I would have run you over.
So consider yourself lucky. Now get the hell off my property."

Fine, okay,  maybe I lost a little bit of my cool. 


6 comments:

GunDiva April 5, 2010 at 9:12 AM  

Love your ending statement!

Karen M. Peterson April 5, 2010 at 9:13 AM  

I was wondering what was up with the cop cars and stuff! Crazy!

Anonymous April 5, 2010 at 9:35 AM  

People never stop amazing me. :) When is he moving?

Marly C April 5, 2010 at 9:43 AM  

You are the best. I love it!

Ducky April 5, 2010 at 10:42 AM  

Ooh! Good for you. Precisely what I would've want to do as well.

Jessica April 5, 2010 at 1:09 PM  

wow! never a dull day!

 
Blog Design by April Showers