See what I have to work with

>> Sunday, March 21, 2010

I like a full complex.

What apartment manager doesn't?
Well, I guess those that are paid on commission.
But me, I am on salary.
So, the less work I have to do the better.
Plus, I just got a cricut and I am having way to much fun making signs to worry about showing apartments.
Like the cool sign I made for my husband with the directions to the hamper.
He seems to always forget where it is.

Anyways.

Right now, I only have one vacancy.
ONE!
That is awesome considering at one point during the summer I had FOURTEEN!
Scary.
So, I am determined to get this last apartment off the market.
The trouble is, it has been sitting there since November.
Yikes!
Other apartments have come and gone but this apartment has stayed put.
I put in new carpet.
New paint.
Offered a Move-In Special
(which I hate doing)
Dropped the rent
(which I hate even more)
I have done anything and everything I could possible think of.
I do have to say that it is a beautiful apartment.
And I have to say that I am quite the salesperson.
But...and there is always a BUT
The view on this particular unit does leave something to be desired...


I mean who wouldn't want to open their window in the morning and get a good look at the substation?

7 comments:

GunDiva March 21, 2010 at 9:21 PM  

I love the new layout!

Good luck on that last apartment. It's gonna be a tough sell.

Braden and Jodee March 21, 2010 at 10:35 PM  

A. It's called a substation (just in case you really wanted to know) :)

B. I read this post to Braden then showed him the picture... he smiled and said, "That is a beautiful 12kv rack structure!"

Maybe the key is to find an Edison employee (preferably a substation operator who works out the Orange County switching center) to rent it!

Good luck!

Erin Huss March 21, 2010 at 11:10 PM  

Jodee, I will make that correction.

Maybe I should post a flyer at Edison. Because the main question I get from people is "does being so close to that cause birth defects or cancer."
To which I want to reply
"Yes of course it does which why I am offering a move-in special."

Erin Huss March 21, 2010 at 11:12 PM  

PS- Is Braden interested in a spacious studio apartment with a lovely view of his fine work?

Emma March 22, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

I just spent half an hour reading this blog. Funny stuff. Working with the public is a gem isn't it?

Hi from SITS. I'm your new follower. :)

Karen M. Peterson March 22, 2010 at 4:03 PM  

Oh...gee...where do I sign up?

Jane March 22, 2010 at 8:48 PM  

Just found your blog. Who knew managing apartments could be so entertaining?!

I think I need to show this to my apartment manager.

 
Blog Design by April Showers