Applications

>> Sunday, March 14, 2010

Not every person that turns in an application and pays the application fee is approved.
And NO when you are not approved you do NOT get your application fee back.
BUT I do look over the application before I take your money to make sure you even have a shot at approval.
You would be surprised how many times I simply hand the application back and say
Don't even bother.
And you know I have a few examples that have crossed my path over the years...


Under
EMPLOYMENT:
None
Under
Income per month
None

When I asked how they proposed to pay for the apartment every month they replied
"Not sure"
--

Under
DATE OF BIRTH:
Blank

When I asked why she didn't put her birthday she said she didn't remember it.
Then she gets on the phone and asks her cousin in Spanish what her cousins birthday is.
When I asked her why she was writing down her cousins birthday she said because she was using her cousins social.
ooookay.
So I asked why she wasn't using her own information she replied
"I don't ever use my own information."
Right.
Makes perfect sense.
--
Under the section
ADDITIONAL ACCUPANTS:
first, middle,last name
Baby
Babys Mom
--
Have you ever been convicted for selling, possessing,
distributing or manufacturing illegal drugs or convicted of any
other crime? If yes please explain:
yes
I sell medicinal marijuana from my home.
--
Why are you leaving your current residence?
Because the manager is a B****

I actually took this application and called the manager for rental verification and it turns out she really is a B. So I rented the apartment.


You might also want to check out

6 comments:

GunDiva March 14, 2010 at 9:09 PM  

I L*O*V*E* the last one! Is that renter now going to end up being one of your BFFs?

In reference to your first example - I didn't know my son applied at your apartment complex.

Jessica March 15, 2010 at 10:17 AM  

Loved your comments on SITS! Im a new follower!

Anonymous March 15, 2010 at 3:40 PM  

At my place, before I give them the application, I sit them down and ask them if they have ever rented from a "Professional Property Management Company" before. I get some blank looks. Some "what do you mean?" looks.
I tell them right up that a PPM is very different from renting a garage apartment from Uncle Ben. A PPM is going to issue you a list of very strict rules to follow, and you will, or you won't (be here). Also, a PPM will operate with rent Due on the first, late on the 6th, delinquent on the 10th (can you say 30% late charge?)
and your history on the 11th. On the morning of the 11th you will need some boxes, because you are moving. A PPM will not understand if you are a "little short". Uncle Ben might. We won't. A PPM has on call lawyers, they act fast, because they know how to do things, and are on retainer. Our collection agency is also on retainer, and they are effective.
So, before you pick up an app, are you ready for renting from a PPM?

Herb Spencer

Adoption of Jane March 18, 2010 at 7:14 AM  

LOL i love when pple speak spanish.. living in Southern CA even if you don't speak it you begin to understand it very quickly! You should see the look on the my face when someone is giving me dirty looks saying "blah blah blah Negra blah blah blah"

Claudya Martinez March 20, 2010 at 12:58 PM  

The last one is hilarious because you verified that the manager was a B!@#H.

Shana March 23, 2010 at 10:29 AM  

I find it amazing what some people try to get away with. I commend your patience. I could never do your job without actually throwing things at people. I have a very low tolerance for stupidity.

 
Blog Design by April Showers