False Advertisement

>> Friday, August 29, 2014



If I am reading through a rental ad, I'll forgive a few missed commas, or perhaps an excessive amount of adverbs. 
Exclamation marks are a different story. 
If you use more than five in your ad, I feel like you're either yelling at me or are hyperactive. 
Rent here now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One must be careful with typos though, because you don't want to falsely advertise an amenity that you don't have. 

For example. 

I found this listing the other day. 
Five bedrooms
Five Baths
109,771 square feet. 


First off, is it a hotel?
Are these five bedrooms each the size of ballrooms?
It also lists that there is a "swimmers pool" available. 
Not a swimming pool, but a swimmers pool. So, it is available for only one swimmer at a time?
And not to be picky, but it should be swimmer's pool. Apostrophes are important.


23 Hour security



So, for one hour a day, you're on your own.
Wasn't there a movie about one day a year where all crime is legal? 
The Purge?
I never saw the movie, but in my mind, that one hour goes something like that. 
Ps- You can watch the movie trailer here, but I suggest reading the comments after. Hilarious. People genuinely asking if this is a real thing in America? As if it where a documentary. 
Source 







I know I've posted this before, but I still find it funny.
This apartment has 3 Bed Room, and 1 beth.
Is Beth the roommate, or perhaps she's the housekeeper?
Regardless, I can speak from personal experience, that if you don't deliver exactly what is advertised, people will unleash the crazy.
So I would suggest that this apartment manager find himself a Beth to go with this apartment, or maybe change the sign. Which ever is easier.


Source 

 
Blog Design by April Showers