Looking for a Bargain

>> Friday, August 22, 2014

One day, I showed a nice couple a two-bedroom apartment.
They took two applications with the promise of returning soon.
The next day, they returned with their applications but with a coupon attached to them.
A coupon?
What?
This coupon looked to have been created in Microsoft Word, and promised $200 off monthly rent plus ZERO deposit, if one signed a one-year lease.
No fine print, but it had a large barcode on the front.

Me: "Where did you get this? We've never offered a coupon before, and we would never offer a zero deposit."
Coupon Guy: "We found it on the internet, so you have to honor it."

Have to?


Yes, because everything you see on the internet is true.




When I assured him that this coupon was not applicable to this property, he kept urging me to try the barcode to see if it worked.
Really?
Because I generally carry around a barcode gun.
This isn't Vons.

Coupon Guy: "You can get an application and attachment on your iPhone to scan barcodes."

Duh, why didn't I think of that?

So, I jumped on Amazon and ordered a $600 scanner for my phone, so I could scan this mysterious coupon.

Ha!

Coupon Guy continued to press the issue.
He kept saying it was the law, and  I have to accept this coupon.
I said we were done and he could leave.
He left, but not before promising to turn us into the The Better Business Bureau because we were breaking the law.

Honestly.

If we can start creating our own coupons, then I am going to hop on over to Word, and make myself a Buy One Get One Free coupon and take it down to the BMW dealership.





 
Blog Design by April Showers