My freaking post

>> Friday, July 30, 2010

As of late I have been feeling oh so sick cooking up a few babies in my belly, taking care of the ones that are already out of my belly and 200+ tenants who often act like babies.

I have been meaning to post but life has been rather busy.

Sorry to keep you all waiting.

I was pleasantly reminded today that this here blog has been sitting neglected for a month now by an oh so nice Anon Commentor who said...

"are you ever gonna freaking post again? Might as well just delete the damn thing since you never post anything anymore."


Thank you Anon for reminding me of something I have been meaning to post about.

One thing I have noticed in life but especially during my years as an apartment manager is that people LOVE to complain, moan and groan BUT never and I mean almost never want anyone to know it's them.

I see it a lot on blogs when people feel the need to say something nasty but never use their sign in account.

I find this a lot here on the property. People come in and complain up the yahoo about their neighbors but they tell me that they do NOT want me to tell their neighbor they are the ones that complain.

First off I don't know why they can't simply go down and in a non confrontational way ask their neighbor to stop doing such annoying activities. Because I PROMISE you when I go to your neighbor and say my usually

" I have received a few complaints that your stomping around your apartment is really loud"

The first thing this person does is get defensive and want to know who complained. Then it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out which neighbor has no balls...oops I mean complained to the manager and thus causing animosity between neighbors.

The other day one of my....different, yeah let's say different, tenants came in and started off with the usual "I don't mean to be a pain" or "I don't usually complain" (and may I note people who start off saying this are usually the biggest pains in the butt). He then goes on to say that his next door neighbor smokes pot a lot outside on her patio and it goes into his apartment and it's really disgusting and he is getting really sick of it.

I told him I would take care of it because of course I don't want pot heads on the property. Although I certainly would never peg this particular person who happens to be in the medical field(actually a DOCTOR, which is a little disconcerting) to be a pot head. But he quickly jumps on me and says:

"No, please no don't say anything to her she will know it was me who complained and I don't want her to know it's me."

Just to make sure I have this right.
You want to come in and talk to me for a good 20 minutes about how your next door neighbor smokes illegal drugs and it is stinking up your apartment and you have small children and you can't take it anymore BUT you want me to do absolutely nothing about it?

That makes perfect sense because it's a good idea to tell the manger of the property that someone is doing something illegal and expect she do nothing about it.

3 comments:

Karen M. Peterson August 2, 2010 at 9:15 PM  

I really don't understand why people have to complain anonymously. It's so irritating. It bothers me in blog world. It bothers me at my job. It just drives me crazy. If people would just talk about what's bugging them, they'd get a lot farther, I think.

I will say, though, that there was one time I had to complain about some neighbors and I asked the manager not to tell them it was me because I was afraid of retribution. Because my complaint ultimately got them evicted, she completely agreed it was best not to reveal her source. But that was a rare situation.

resident evil :D August 12, 2010 at 6:09 PM  

Tenants that complain are great as long as it is not about stupid crap. If i overlooked a problematic tentant (or his guest) I want to step in and take care of it. I walk around a little at night and listen for tv or radio. Generally, If it disturbs me its probably distubing
somone else. Key is, dont rent to jerks and if their visitors are the issue, 3-day the tenant. Problem Solved.

~Diana~ August 20, 2010 at 7:17 AM  

It's time for another freaking post! hehe :)

 
Blog Design by April Showers