Who knew

>> Friday, May 28, 2010

You learn something new everyday.
Especially in Apartment Managing.
Except the things you learn every day are often bizarre and leave you saying "who knew"
I found myself saying this this past week when I received a call from a tenant saying that someone threw an apple through her window.
I went back to her apartment and found that someone did in fact throw a large apple through her window sending glass shards everywhere.
I was perplexed at first because this was a downstairs unit with a really large wall in their backyard.
That wall is in fact the backside of the carports to the neighboring complex.
Why in the world would someone throw the apple in this direction?
??
Then the upstairs neighbor came down and took the apple and showed me a burn hole.
I looked at the burn hole then back up at the tenant wanting her to explain why this burn hole explains why this apple would travel over this giant wall into the window.
I was thinking maybe you make some sort of bomb out of an apple and stupid kids were trying to cause a fire?
She explained(in a matter of fact tone as if it's common knowledge and I am the only idiot around that does not know this) that you smoke weed out of an apple.
Who knew?
So I took the apple stuck it in a bag and headed over to visit my nemesis...ahem the manager next door.
I showed her the apple.
She knew right away what it was used for.
She said she would look into it.
So I headed back over to clean up the mess.
When I got back a tenant came up to me and said she sees three guys smoking apples all the time next door and then tosses the apples onto the carport roof.
Which would explain why it ended up in my tenants window.
Apparently these guys forgot their own strength.
I then headed up to the second floor to get a better view of the carport roof.
What did I find when I got there?
A whole slew of apples.
Nice.
Who knew that apple smoking was so popular.
And why do all my tenants know so much about it?

7 comments:

GunDiva May 28, 2010 at 12:24 PM  

Even I knew about the apple smoking and I'm about the most naive person around. Nice to meet someone who knows even less about pot than me.

I once accidentally threw an empty plastic soda bottle through my picture window. I was aiming at the dog, who wouldn't stop barking, but it bounced off of her and right through my window, leaving a four-foot (no, I'm no exaggerating) circular hole. Dang, replacing that window s-u-c-k-e-d.

Marly C May 28, 2010 at 1:11 PM  

That is the weirdest thing I have heard! I didn't know that you could smoke out of an apple. Weird! Well, now I know:-)

Beth May 28, 2010 at 1:36 PM  

This is the first I have ever heard of smoking apples....strange.

Alissa Grosso May 28, 2010 at 2:49 PM  

You are not alone in not knowing about smoking apples. I would be more concerned that everyone else around there seems to know so much about it.

Anonymous May 28, 2010 at 5:15 PM  

I was shocked at huffing Pam through a sock. I guess if there is a way to go wacky, then someone will invent/find it. Where has America gone to? When I was a kid we used to bend over forward, take a long series of deep breaths, quickly stand up straight and bend back and place our thumbs over our Jugular veins and get a "rush" from it. Possibly our elders thought we were as insane as we do these Apple smokers?
Probably so.

Herb Spencer
Manager
Lincoln Terrace Apartments

Jessica June 1, 2010 at 1:51 PM  

oh my gosh! I never heard of that before! Weirdos!

Janet June 1, 2010 at 5:41 PM  

I didn't know about this either. Hmmm...learn something new every day!

 
Blog Design by April Showers