Another month another excuse

>> Thursday, March 4, 2010

"I am sorry but I am going to be late this month I had an emergency come up"


"Is everything okay?"

"No! When I was at work yesterday my dogs totally broke my bathroom door and got into all my make-up and I had to take them to an emergency Vet and one had to have surgery and the other might have to as well. Luckily they are going to be okay."

"Oh gosh I am so sorry but you realize we don't allow dogs here and was there much damage done to the door?"

"I can not believe that you are concerned about your stupid door or your stupid rules when my dogs are dying!"

"Well, it is my job to make sure everyone is following the rules and this is a no dog property."
(my defense she said they were going to be okay)

"Well my dogs are staying"

"I am sorry, but no they are not"

"Well then I guess I have to move."

"That is fine but you will have to pay your lease break fee"

"No I wont"

"Why wouldn't you?"

"Because you are kicking me out!"

"No, I am saying you can not have dogs which is exactly what it says on your lease that you signed four months ago."

"But my puppies are a part of me they go I go"

"That is fine but you will have to pay the lease breaking fee."

"You can talk to my lawyer then."

"That is fine go ahead and give him my number but in the mean time when will you be paying your rent?"

"F....You"
Tenant turns around grabs her purse and storms out of the office catching her purse on the doorknob spilling all content over the ground....see God does love me.


6 comments:

Kellie March 5, 2010 at 12:13 PM  

How do you have SOOOO many crazies?!?!?! That is NUTS!!

Margaret March 5, 2010 at 1:45 PM  

Can't people just pay their damn rent. It can't be that hard.

Anonymous March 6, 2010 at 5:30 AM  

They always say "Talk to my lawyer." Don't you love that one? Sure. You rent a tiny apartment, don't have two quarters to rub together and one excuse after the other as to why rent is late or unpaid altogether--but you have an attorney on retainer?

I used to say, I will be happy to talk to your lawyer. What's the number? Mostly, it just got me a second F you. :-)

Daddy Hawk March 6, 2010 at 7:39 AM  

Just goes to show that the majority of people think that the terms of a contract or lease do not apply to them.

Karen M. Peterson March 9, 2010 at 6:20 AM  

Is there something wrong with me? I mean, I've been a renter for 10 years and I have never considered NOT paying my rent on time. Not once. From all these stories, I'm starting to feel like I'm in a very small minority...

Anonymous December 27, 2013 at 5:07 AM  

There's nothing wrong with you Karen - we, as property managers, wished all of our residents were like you, our jobs would be a lot easier if they were. But then again, if everyone paid on time every time we wouldn't have near as many "stories" to share LOL
One resident told me that he was absolutely not paying his rent in December since the property "lost" his money order in September. I told him that was fine, but he needed to place his keys on the desk, pay the lease break fee and that his rent would be accelerated and he would be sent to collections. It took him 30 minutes to pay the December rent!

 
Blog Design by April Showers