Probably the most pathetic tenant ever

>> Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Here is a good one from my LA days...

One day this particular tenant was microwaving a Lean Cuisine
While watching TV
And blow drying their hair
When the power went out
This tenant figured out that there must be a power outage
You know because Los Angeles often has major power outages
So this tenant sat there
Then read a little
Called their mom on their cell phone
Did the dishes
After about two hours this tenant thought she might as well head for a walk
As this tenant headed down the stairs they saw that their neighbor was watching TV
Huh?
So this tenant went and knocked on their managers door
This manager had a big belly
And liked to wear nothing but boxers
Not that that has anything to do with this story
But just in case you were making a mental image
Anyways
I digress...
The manager told this tenant that they should probably check their circuit breaker
The tenant looked at the manager confused
"Where is that?"
The manager said it was on the wall near the bathroom
So the tenant went and looked at their circuit breaker
There were a bunch of switches
The tenant wasn't really sure what to do with all these switches
So the tenant went back down to the managers door and explained that the circuit breaker had too many switches
So the manager threw a robe on and huffed and puffed as he climbed the stairs into this tenants apartment
He opened the circuit breaker box
Pointed to the switch that was in a different direction than all the other switches
And told the tenant to switch it to match the other switches
So the tenant switched it over
And the power turned on!

That tenant was me
Don't worry
It has come full circle
Many
Many
Many
Times

10 comments:

Karen M. Peterson February 23, 2010 at 10:12 PM  

That is too funny!

I lived in an apartment once that had a FUSE BOX. You should have seen me trying to figure THAT out!

Unknown February 23, 2010 at 10:33 PM  

roflmbo I am laughing with you seriously I am whatttttt don't ya believe me??

Marly C February 24, 2010 at 9:20 AM  

Oh my gosh. That is so funny:-)

Margaret February 24, 2010 at 10:13 AM  

I lived in apartments but luckly I always knew how to fix most things on my own. I was the tenant though that would always call and complain that my neighbors were to loud lol.

Shawna Faye February 24, 2010 at 12:07 PM  

Don't feel too bad. The same thing happened to me the first time my power went out. I had to wait until my roommate got home, who fortunately was a professional at flipping the circuit breaker switches.

Anonymous February 24, 2010 at 6:43 PM  

OHMYGOODNESS!! In my previous professional life--before kids--I managed apartments! Oh yes I did! And I so look forward to reading your stories! So glad I found ya!

kristin February 24, 2010 at 8:18 PM  

Now, Thats funny!

Debbie @ OtRD February 25, 2010 at 3:56 PM  

Just wanted to drop by and thank you for stopping by on my SITS day. It means so much to me that you were there to help me celebrate!

Kara February 26, 2010 at 12:49 AM  

Oh my gosh!!! That is too funny. I'm always blowing fuses with my blowdryer...such a pain!

Anonymous February 26, 2010 at 12:41 PM  

One evening during a city wide power outage, one of my wack tenants came to my door and told me his power was out! I told him it was pretty dark in my own apartment as well. He kept standing there as usual, and finally asked me if I were going to fix it soon. (really). Thinking, I asked if he would help me, and he said "Sure". I walked to his apartment with him, and pulled out one of his kitchen chairs. I gave him a flashlight and asked him to "monitor" for me. I insured his kitchen light was switched on. I said if he please would, when the kitchen light comes on, would he call me? He happily said "Yes". I then told him I would leave, and when the kitchen light came on, he would know that the problem was solved. I am not sure when the power came back on, as I went to my apartment and went to bed. He never called.

Herb Spencer
Lincoln Terrace

 
Blog Design by April Showers