I will take you down to China Town!

>> Friday, February 19, 2010

Now I am in complete understanding that there are some pretty nutty managers out there.

For the record no I don't believe I am one of them.
No matter what they say.
But I do have to admit that there are a few around me that qualify.

I am asked to call several properties around me every quarter to do what is a called a Market Survey.
The point of a Market Survey is to see what the apartment complexes in the area are charging for their apartments and how many vacancies they have.
Simple enough, right?
BUT here is the problem
Everyone lies!
Everyone!
It's incredibly annoying when you call a complex that has a big fat sign out front that says...
MOVE-IN SPECIAL
FREE RENT!
IMMEDIATE MOVE INS!
But the manager says they are completely full.
MmmmHmmmm....yeah sure....and I wear a size zero....it must be nice to live in a fantasy world.

Out of all the complexes that I call there is only one that my boss really cares about
It's the one directly next door.
Have I ever mentioned that the manager is a nut?
She drives me bonkers.
I mean really BONKERS!
I need to dedicate an entire post just to her.
Coo-Coo!
Anyways
She has Move-In special signs all over
Balloons
Flags
(which for the record kind of freak me out)
So of course when I call she tells me they are completely FULL and how she just has SO much traffic and blah blah blah blah.....*

I decide to send my brother over there as a "perspective tenant" to see what the real deal is.
She shows him 5 different apartments.
Offers to give him...
One month free rent
A Target Gift Card
A move in basket
A **back rub
AND a $99 dollar deposit.
Can we say DESPERATE???

So when my brother casually mentions that he was going to look at the apartment complex next door she quickly responds with
"oh they are the same company"

OH-NO-YOU-DIDN'T!

IT'S ON.

*We never really leave High School
**Joking

10 comments:

Kellie February 19, 2010 at 10:17 AM  

SAY WHAT?!! I'm ready to fight WITH you! :)

The Only Girl February 19, 2010 at 10:26 AM  

Unbelievable as always. Love that you sent your brother over as a spy.

Anonymous February 19, 2010 at 11:19 AM  

WOW. she plays dirty. I think it's great you sent your brother! ;-)

Margaret February 19, 2010 at 2:44 PM  

That has to be a joke! I would be so mad at her! Why can't people just tell the truth.

Alissa Grosso February 19, 2010 at 2:46 PM  

I had no idea that apartment management was such a cutthroat business!

Nicole February 19, 2010 at 5:36 PM  

What a crazy lady! the nerve of some people is beyond me!

GunDiva February 19, 2010 at 8:48 PM  

I'd send your brother to all of your competition! It's amazing that they'd all lie like that.

Marly C February 20, 2010 at 9:49 AM  

What a nut! But it is true that they always lie- it really does no one any good to lie about it. What a looser.

Karen M. Peterson February 21, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

I can't believe people lie like that. I mean, it shouldn't surprise me because I deal with it all the time in my job, but still.

GunDiva February 23, 2010 at 7:32 PM  

Have an award for you over at my place, stop on by and pick it up!

 
Blog Design by April Showers