Twister!

>> Monday, January 25, 2010

As noted in my previous post we have had quite the storm here.
The thing about SoCal is that it was NOT built to handle anything but breezy and 80 degree weather.
So of course roads were closed, cars where floating down Main st and the sunny world as we knew it was gone!
Oh the devastation.
Of course I got a few complaints that made me go "what the....!?!"
But other than that nothing to major.....until.....

A tenant came in on Friday
She asked me if I would like a divorce
!?!
Um, who asks that?
She then told me that she does her friends divorces for them.
(who does divorces for fun?)
When I said I wasn't aware she was a lawyer
She confirmed that she isn't.
....Um, okay....
Switch subject.
I started talking about the weather because that is what you talk about when you have nothing logical to say, right?
We talked about the tornado warnings.
She asked if I was scared.
I told her that we were not close enough to the water for water sprouts and that I thought that everyone was just being overly dramatic with the tornado business.
Really a tornado in Orange County.
If there really was a big tornado we be dead.
So why worry about it?

About 20 minutes after this conversation I was in my house playing with the kids and the power went out.
I hear sirens and cars blazing down the street and I think it's just because we are literally locate next door to an Edison Plant.
I begin counting quarters from the laundry room while my daughter asks me continually to put on Max & Ruby, and not understanding why the TV wont turn.
About 2 hours later the lights come back on and the first thing I do is turn on stinking Max&Ruby because I can't handle it anymore.

Just after the lights came on a fireman comes in.
He wants to make sure everyone is okay.
I was confused and said yeah of course.
Did he think 2 hours with no electricity would kill me?
He then asks if I had seen the damage.
What damage?
He then goes on to explain a twister came through the back of the property knocking over a car, pulling up some trees and knocking over a fence.....
whoops.
Hey I never claimed to be a meteorologist.
I just collect rent.

4 comments:

Unknown January 25, 2010 at 8:13 AM  

Holy Cow how on earth did you NOT hear a tornado?? that is some serious soundproofing ya got there. Glad you are all okay hun

Alissa Grosso January 25, 2010 at 9:46 AM  

I knew this had a happy ending, so I didn't feel at all bad about you happily counting quarters in the middle of a tornado.

Megan January 25, 2010 at 9:55 AM  

Hum....crazy.

GunDiva January 25, 2010 at 12:46 PM  

I slept through an F4 tornado in Kissimee (sp?), FL. Had no clue about it until the end of the day after it, 'cause, you know, we were at Disney World and they don't let bad news float around Disney.

 
Blog Design by April Showers