This is why God invented the umbrella.

>> Tuesday, January 26, 2010

There is one thing you should know about SoCalifornians

We can NOT drive in the rain.
I believe it's taught in our curriculum at school.
As a matter of fact I think I remember my first grade teacher instructing us to drive as erratically as possible at the first sign of rain.
I can't even tell you how many cars I have seen turned the wrong way on the side of the freeway.
No other car around just a single car facing the wrong way.
Or slammed against a railing.
With the driver standing outside of the car
With an umbrella
Looking at their car perplexed as to why going the normal 90mph on the off ramp caused this railing to jump off the side of the road and hit their car.

So needless to say I only venture out in the rain if needs be.
Like I need sugar or hairspray or something of that sort.

However when a particular tenant comes and says she will not leave her apartment because it's raining I am perplexed as to why.
I mean, yes there are some crazy drivers out now.
BUT this paticular tenant is in the process of an eviction.
All she had to do was show up in court today
Otherwise default judgement to Plaintiff
Seriously!?
Wouldn't you brave the storm?
Did I mention the court house is across the street?


3 comments:

The Only Girl January 26, 2010 at 11:02 AM  

Where DO you find these tenants???

Honestly, you should be allowed to give them some kind of "are you crazy?" test before you approve their application.

Karen M. Peterson January 26, 2010 at 12:26 PM  

Gotta love us Californians and our priorities.

Unknown January 26, 2010 at 1:02 PM  

You know there for awhile I thought about taking a trip to California. You know, never been there, why not? But after reading your blogs I have decided I'm better off staying here with Okies. I really, really am. LOL

 
Blog Design by April Showers