A pointless complaint

>> Monday, December 21, 2009

More often then not when I get a call from tenants it's either to make a maintenance request or make a complaint..
Let's me honest, more often then not it's the later.
Although it would be nice to get a call telling me how awesome I am.
Anyways, despite how it may sound I am actually a pretty darn good manager.
Honestly I am.
No matter what they say.
Don't listen to them.
I mean I try my hardest to deal with the complaints as quickly as possible.
Promise.

But it's just that some complaints are sort of beyond my ability to fix.
For example The Rain Lady.

Another example would come from downstairs tenants.
You would be surprised how often I get this...
"I can hear my neighbor upstairs walking, can you please talk to them about that?"
Really?
Honestly!?
You can hear your neighbors walking.
Oh the calamity.
I mean what kind of world do we live in that you are forced to listen to the people upstairs walk!?
I will address this right away.

So please to all those that rent upstairs apartments please have some consideration and STOP walking it is very disturbing to the people below you.
Run, jump or skip around that if far more considerate.
Or you could contact this guy and see if his girlfriend can teach you how to fly.
That would be the most simple solution wouldn't it?






6 comments:

Karen M. Peterson December 21, 2009 at 8:41 AM  

I used to have neighbors above me that would play ball in the house, run like crazy, and had a VERY squeaky bed. It never occurred to me to go to the manager and complain about it...

Beth December 21, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

I would be a happy camper if all I heard from my upstairs neighbor was walking. I hear her (and let me add she weighs over 200 lbs - I don't know what idiot thought it was a good idea to put such a large person on the upper floor?!) running, stomping, slamming doors, rolling around in her squeaky bed at all hours of the night and to top it off she has a 5 yr old child who only travels in one mode: fast running. I have lived here 17 months and I plan on moving out at the first of the year b/c I have had enough! I wish I had a dollor for every complaint I've made only to hear the previous maintance man turned landlord tell me "I just don't know what to tell you." OMG. I bet he would know what to tell me if this large, noisy person lived above him!

Unknown December 21, 2009 at 9:40 AM  

roflmbo people can be so silly at times. You are left scratching your head gong seriously they allow you to take air and hold a job with that kind of mental ability??

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom December 21, 2009 at 11:00 AM  

Your blog sent me reeling back to my apartment-dwelling days... and the family of 8 that lived in the two bedroom unit beneath me. I used to go BATTY not at the endless fighting or screaming or singing... but at their squeaky ceiling fan that made my floors shake!

Great post, great blog... stopping by from SITS!

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

Kimberly December 21, 2009 at 11:27 PM  

Dear heavens!

This is one of my many jobs.

Because of this job I have to work on Christmas Eve. I really can't tell the long story, but it is similar to your Kevin.

Sending you and your family warm wishes, and a very Merry Christmas.

Michelle in MN December 30, 2009 at 12:32 PM  

Hi,

I am also an apartment manager for 188 units in MN and found your blog by debating starting my own blog...actually, I wanted a reality show but TLC turned me down (I'm joking)....This summer I had a resident of mine on third floor call me frantically sure she was about to be faced with a bee infestation. She said she was worried sick about it because she'd seen the SAME, EXACT, BEE all day long!

I'm so glad I found this blog! Makes me feel that I'm not the only one!

 
Blog Design by April Showers