Rain Rain go away...

>> Thursday, April 16, 2009


My pleasant slumber was abruptly interrupted one night by the office phone. I looked at the clock, it was 4:30 a.m. Usually when the phone rings that early in the morning something is wrong, note the word usually. So, I get up answer the phone and....they have already hung up the phone.

These are the times that I love having caller id. Haha! So I call the number right back...

Caller:Hello(sounding like I just woke them up)
Me:(I recognized the voice)hi, it's (me) is everything okay?
Caller: Well, you know I just can't sleep. This rain is awfully loud. I mean it's louder than usual.

Really? Honestly?? You just woke me up, and now my daughter is up, my son is crying, and my husband is up, because you wanted to make a complaint against the rain?? Did you expect me to summon up my magical powers and make the rain stop? Did you expect me to say, "Okay I will take care of that. Let me just get God on the phone right now and ask him to stop this wonderful rain that we in a time of drought so desperately need."

Me:You called me because you can't sleep? I was sleeping when you called.
Caller: Well, I didn't think you were going to pick up the phone.

Really?? So you were just going to leave a message on the answer machine voicing your concerns about the rain being loud? That makes WAY more sense.

Me: I always pick up the phone in the middle of the night in case it's an emergency. But I am going to go tend to my children now.
Caller:Okay sorry, maybe I will just close my WINDOW.

DUH!

And can it please be noted that I was completely calm and very nice even though I was half asleep and totally agitated. I was very proud of myself.

1 comments:

Anonymous April 9, 2010 at 10:20 PM  

WTF! I will pray for you woman! I just got into this business about 5 months ago, you aren't lying! These people are crazy. I had a complaint today from a woman who states that her neighbors are definately coming into her apartment throught the kitchen cabinets and are smearing peanut butter on her table cloth...umm okie dokie. Geez. Very proud of your patience and your smart assetry :)

 
Blog Design by April Showers