Where do they find these people?

>> Monday, November 23, 2009

I have to admit I watch the People's Court. Don't judge me.

It all started with 3 months of bedrest and not a whole lot to do.
I used to think it was entertaining but clearly fictional.
There just can't be people like this in the world can there?
But guess what? There are!
I have had first hand experience with them.

About two years ago I received my first Small Claims court summons. Obviously they were suing the actually owner and obviously the actual owner sent me instead. This is when I felt that my years of People Court watching came in handy.

We had our parking lot repaved and asked all the tenants to please park in the parking lot directly across the street for a few days while this was happening. During our second day of paving a tenant came into the office and exclaimed that someone had hit his car. He was going on and on and on and wanted to show me the damage so I obliged since he was so upset and wouldn't stop talking.
We walked over to his 1983 Toyota something and he started showing me the damage and to be perfectly honest the entire car was scratched all over and there were rust spots and the bumper was hanging on for dear life. He then pointed to a nice silver Lexus in the corner and exclaimed that it was the car that had hit his. When I asked how he came to this conclusion he told me that there was a scratch on the front bumper. Apparently you need some sort of super human power to locate this scratch because all I saw a reflexion of myself and made a mental note to get my eyebrows done.

He then went on to explain that he had removed the cars LICENSE PLATES as some sort of ransom until they decided to pay for this damage.
NUT!

I told him that I felt that was probably illegal and that he should return it. I then later saw him dancing around the parking lot with a camera almost trying to reenact what he believed happened. I didn't give a whole lot of thought to the entire situation until I was served notice that he was suing the owner for the damage to his car his 1983 rusty Toyota something that was apparently worth 1,900 dollars. I tried to Kelly Blue Book the value of his car but the book didn't go past 1989. To me it was a miracle this car was running at all.


Shocker of all shockers he got zero for his car.

I do have to say the best part of the day was when I was able to sit and listen to some of the other cases. It was this day that I realized Peoples Court is not fictional, as a matter of fact I am pretty sure all they have to do is visit our local court house to find a full seasons worth of cases.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by April Showers