"Raindrops" Keep Falling on my Head

>> Wednesday, December 23, 2015

SUBMITTED...

" Quite a few years ago, I switched companies as a Leasing Professional.  The first weekend that I worked by myself, was, in it-self, a nightmare.  I received a call from a resident about a leak in her ceiling above her couch, so I called emergency maintenance.  About 10-15 minutes later, the on- call maintenance technician arrived and went over to the apartment, saw the leak, and then checked the apartment above.  Moments later, I receive this phone call from him: "Could you please come meet me at apartment XYZ?"..."Sure," I said!  And off I went to meet my maintenance tech at apartment XYZ.  Upon arrival, nothing could have prepared me for what came next.  There before me, was a person, who was overtly obese, lying on the floor, dead.  Unfortunately, it had been quite some time since someone had checked on this person...and yes, their body had ruptured and  that was where the leak was coming from.  I called the non-emergency police line.  I mean, there was definitely no way to save this person and I didn't want to draw attention to the building and alarm the resident who had reported the leak, below.  Thank the heavens that we had corporate suites at this apartment community!!!  I ensured the resident that we care so much for her comfort, that we would not like for her to stay in the apartment, until the leak repair was complete.  She obliged and I helped her pack/move the items that she needed for that week.  All was cleaned and returned to normalcy; however, that image can never be erased from my mind."

 
Blog Design by April Showers