Junk in the Trunk

>> Thursday, February 13, 2014


We had a ghetto looking RV that started parking in front of our leasing sign. 
My boss HATED this RV. 
I would knock on the door of the RV at least three times a week, and no one would answer. 
I called the police, they would mark the tire, the RV would move to the curb directly in front of our leasing off--great. 
Then he would reposition himself back in front of the leasing sign, after the police checked the mark.  
The problem is the city line went down the middle of the street. 
And often the police would try to pass it off to the other city. 
Fun times. 

Meanwhile
Every week my boss would come down to inspect the property. 
Every week he would make note that he wanted me to remove that RV. 
Every week I tried. 
Every week I failed. 
This went on for FOUR years. 

One day I was sitting in my office and I FINALLY saw the man who belonged to the RV. 
He was walking down the street, freshly showered, carrying a gym bag. 
I watched him walk into his RV, and I quickly bolted out the door. 
In hindsight, running after a strange man who lives in an RV outside an apartment building was probably not a wise decision. 
But, my desire to NOT have to read "GET RID OF RV" on my notes every week overcame my common sense. 
See, I had never been able to catch this guy before. 

I knocked on his door. 
He didn't answer. 
I knocked again. 
He didn't answer. 
I yelled, "I know you are in there! I need to talk to you."

He finally poked his head out. 
I explained that we did not want him parking in front of the leasing sign or office. 
That is was bad for business. 
He was befuddled by this, and explained that his girlfriend lived in the complex next door and that they would often fight and he would move into his RV when they had problems. 

Uhhh, okay?

I asked him, if this story was really the case, then why can't he go park in front of the neighboring complex leasing sign. 
As a matter of fact, I encouraged him to do so. 
He was reluctant. 
But ultimately agreed. 

HURRAY!

I did a happy jig all the way back home. 

The next morning, I woke up nice and early, because it was inspection day. 
I went to drop my daughter off at school. 
On my way home, I was smiling inwardly.
I was so excited that finally, after four long years, my boss would arrive at the property and NOT have to make a note about the RV. 
I was giddily awaiting the praise I would receive on this seemingly never ending problem. 

I turn the corner. 
I drive down the street. 

I stop dead in my tracks. 

 &*%$#@!!!!!!




The RV was replaced with this truck full of junk. 

Yes, that looks so much better than the RV. 

Not!

I then was able to read "remove trashy truck" for the next three weeks, while I searched for the owner. 

The truck finally moved. 

And then, the RV returned. 

That's when you just throw your hands up in the air and say "$%&*-it!"





PS- Happy Valentine's Day!!!!! 



8 comments:

Andi @ The Weary Chef February 13, 2014 at 3:30 PM  

This is hilarious, and I especially can't believe that the RV came back! He was stalking that truck too waiting for it to move.

We used to have some RVs (two!) parked across from our house for months. I think the cops finally cracked down, and I was happy for the view to improve outside our dining room window.

Unknown February 13, 2014 at 6:00 PM  

HA!! Best post I have read on this blog hop all week! It truly made me laugh. Thank you for sharing!! :-)

I Am Boymom February 13, 2014 at 6:55 PM  

AAUUGGHHH!!! That would make me crazy!! You're right, letting it go is the only way you are going to stay sane in this situation! Stopping by from #SITSBlogging.

Unknown February 14, 2014 at 5:59 AM  

hahhahahaha. People are nuts. I have to say that alllll week I waited to get to this spot on my comment list -- totally worth the wait. I used to work as a liason between apartment communities and the cable company, handling all the installs etc. Leasing offices are the perfect set for comedy. Have a great weekend!!!

Unknown February 14, 2014 at 7:24 AM  

I like all of this but I particularly like the Valentine.

Earl-Leigh February 17, 2014 at 6:06 AM  

Hahaha! That would drive me nuts! I can't believe that people are that inconsiderate.

Unknown February 20, 2014 at 9:56 AM  

What does it take to be a property manager? Do you need a certain amount of experience with managing in general or do you just work up the chain of jobs on the property? How much does it pay? I wanted to work for http://triplacestolive.com.

Anonymous April 3, 2014 at 8:30 PM  

Why not just park your vehicle in the spot when the RV moves over.?

 
Blog Design by April Showers