Dr. McStupid

>> Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My complex is near several teaching hospitals therefor I have a lot of medical residents that live here.
It actually makes for a very quiet complex due to the fact that medical residents are almost never home.
I also feel good in the fact that between all the doctors and nurses here we should be covered in a medical emergency.
Although there is one of my tenants who I would surely run right past his door if I were in need of a doctor.
The funny part is that he is actually a neurosurgeon.
You know like Dr. McDreamy....without the good looks, personality and...well he is nothing like McDreamy.
When he moved in I was actually impressed with his application.
He went to all the really well known prestigious schools and had traveled all over the country and world.

So he moves in.
The day after he moves in he calls me and tells me he has a problem.
I go over there and he turns on the light switch in the bedroom and complains it's broken.
I ask him what it is he would like to happen when he turned the light switch on.
He says he would like there to be light.
I explain that you must plug something into the wall for the light switch to work as there was no light fixture in the room.

Then a few weeks later he comes and complains that when he takes a shower the water is always leaking out of the shower making a big mess on the floor.
I go in to check it out and notice that he has no shower curtain.
I explain that a shower curtain would prevent this from happening.
He looked at me like I just cured the common cold.
Really?

Then a few weeks back I was walking by his apartment and he stopped me to complain that the water doesn't stay very hot on the weekends.
I asked him why just on the weekends.
He explains that it's probably because so many people are using the hot water then.
He then went on to say that he just takes a shower at work on the weekends in order to get sufficient amount of hot water.
I then walk into his apartment and into his closet and show him the water heater sitting right there.
I go on to tell him that he has his own water heater so what his neighbors are doing has nothing to do with his water temp.
He looked at me and asked if our maintenance man could come take a look at it then because it doesn't work on Saturdays and Sundays.

Apparently common sense isn't required in neurology.

5 comments:

Cass February 16, 2011 at 10:36 AM  

I think being a doctor requires you to take all the brain cells used for common sense and put them towards super smart things (like neuro). I work with some really smart doctors who cannot function on a basic level w/o help. Too many people used to having assistants.

GunDiva February 16, 2011 at 1:23 PM  

I agree with what Cass said. Some of the smartest doctors I know and I've worked with can't function outside of the hospital setting.

Karen M. Peterson February 16, 2011 at 10:32 PM  

Common sense isn't common.

Janet February 17, 2011 at 6:43 PM  

Someone told me once that intelligence is like a circle. And if you get too smart, you come right back around to stupid.

Dexter and Paige June 24, 2011 at 9:34 PM  

I just stumbled upon your blog and I LOVE IT! I have managed apartments for the last 4 years and every day I have a new story about another crazy person. Thanks for sharing all of your stories! This is HILARIOUS! I feel like I'm reading about my life even though I didn't write it.

 
Blog Design by April Showers