Adventures in Advertising

>> Sunday, April 11, 2010

I handle all the advertising for the property.
I pick which websites we use.
I write up the description.
I monitor them online if not every day, every other day.
So basically I KNOW what is being advertised.

But almost every single day I get a call or someone coming in saying that we are advertising something different.
"I saw online that you have three bedrooms."
"Sorry we don't but three bedrooms, I do have two bedrooms though."
"No it says right here you have three bedrooms!"
Why argue with me!?
You would think I would know if we had three bedrooms or not.
Do they think I will take another look around and find a three bedroom hiding in the corner?

Or I get..
"I am looking at your advertisement right now and it says that your studios are $700."
"Well, I am not sure where you are looking but I do all the advertising and our studios are $950.00"
"No you are advertising them at $700 so you have to give it to me at $700."
What the....I don't have to give you anything.

I love this...
"Do you take section 8 housing(low income)?"
"No, sorry we don't"
"But it says online that you do."
"Well, I don't know where you are looking but we do not offer it."
"But it says you do right here so you must."
Honestly.
Do you really think it's a good idea to believe everything you read on the internet?

Or I love when people call and ask me how much our apartments are and when I tell them they say something along the lines of...
"What! That is ridiculous! How can you possibly charge that much for an apartment. That is robbery!"

Well first off I am waaaaay less the our neighboring apartments.
Second, you don't have to rent here then.
Thirdly, move out of California.
Fourthly, how is renting an apartment at market value robbery?

3 comments:

GunDiva April 11, 2010 at 8:29 PM  

Those prices actually seem fairly reasonable to me - and I live in Colorado, where the cost of living is slightly lower than California.

Hmmm...we get stuff like that at the college, too. People who tell us what we're advertising, and we're pretty sure we know what's out there in our advertisements.

Wendy April 12, 2010 at 7:56 AM  

I just found this site and love it!
I am an apartment manager and I can completely relate to every single story.

Margaret April 12, 2010 at 9:50 AM  

Gotta love idiots! I hate the games some apartment managers play though.

 
Blog Design by April Showers