Is 27 to early to get gray hair?

>> Monday, February 8, 2010

I don't want you to believe that all my tenants are crazy.

Out of the hundred or so I have here there are really only 7...wait...8...hold on...okay I would say 10 that are either crazy or drive me crazy.
So when this tenant tells me she is moving out I am not sadden or disapointed.
She was however only 3 months into a 1 year lease so I knew collecting her lease breaking penalty would be somewhat of a challenge.
But for some reason I really believed she would pay it.
Yeah I know...slaps head...I am an idiot.
Anyways.
She left on the 31st
In the middle of the night
Took all her stuff
And her keys
Cancelled her phone number
Didn't leave any forwarding address
And left about 2 tons worth of trash in her apartment
Nice.
BUT...haha...what she didn't know is that I had somewhat of a personal vendetta against her because she litterally drove me to drink during her three month stay.
Well not necisarly drink alcohol but a whole lot of diet dr pepper.
I mean a whole lot.
So I started my research and made about 50 calls and was finally able to locate her phone number and address.

I decided to call her first..
"hello"
"hello---, this is Erin I am calling about the 2,100 dollars you owe in rent and electric bill fees"
"Oh I don't speak English sorry"...click

It's amazing how quickly she has forgotten.
Luckily I have about 15 voicemails with her speaking very good English and using several French words as well.
Wait, is B%$#$ French?
Anyways, luckily I called right back and her voicemail clearly stated her full name letting me know that I in fact had her right number.
So today I filed the small claims court case.
(always interesting going to the court house on a Monday...WOW)

I give the paperwork to my friend who also happens to be an apartment manager so she can serve the papers.
She goes up to the house where this tenant is now living.
She rings the bell....no one is home.
As she is leaving she notices that there is a big sign right on the door saying

What would Jesus Do?

Well....I am pretty sure Jesus would pay his rent and electric bill!!

7 comments:

Erin Huss February 8, 2010 at 8:23 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alissa Grosso February 9, 2010 at 6:22 AM  

Jesus most certainly would not lie about his ability to speak English.

Erinn February 9, 2010 at 8:18 AM  

Erin- you have such a fun life. Don't worry about the gray hair. I pulled out 3 just the other day. Nearly cried.

Karen M. Peterson February 9, 2010 at 9:23 AM  

Wow.

I'm pretty sure Jesus would not hang up on you either.

Erin Huss February 9, 2010 at 9:31 AM  

Kat-No I am not. Too far for me. :(

Beth February 9, 2010 at 9:59 AM  

LOL

Oh, Jesus.

Janet February 9, 2010 at 3:22 PM  

This is classic. Gotta love it.

 
Blog Design by April Showers